Friday, September 16, 2011

Reaction for Barna

All stumbling blocks were interesting and helpful for me, especially the tendency to evaluate was impressive for me. This was because I have never think about that. I have never tried to evaluate other culture's custom or behavior. I have just thought that it is their culture. However, I thought that I might not consider other cultures well to the degree that I could evaluate them. I have just accepted without considering nothing. Therefore, I thought that I must think over about other cultures in order not to just accept but to understand them deeply, though careless evaluation is very harmful. In addition, After I read whole the text of Barna, I tried to consider which I am likely to have most. I concluded that it is the assumption of similarities. However, I lived in Belgium about 10 to 15 years ago. Also, I have a lot of experience to visit foreign country. Thus, I know the difficulties to communicate with foriegn people and how different the rule of act in foriegn countries well. However, when I live in Japan and think about foreign country or foreign people, I tend to assume that people in all over the world must have some similarities. I wondered why I think so only when I live in Japan. My answer is that maybe when I go to foriegn country, I prepare myself with the thought that everything must be different from Japan before I go to there.However, when I am in Japan, I do not have to prepare myself, so I tend to have the assumption of similarities. I think that the assumption of similarities is a kind of desire which all people tend to have because it is easier to think so than to think all people in the world are different. Therefore, I think that I must overcome this tendency, and become to be able to understand foriegn people empathically.

No comments:

Post a Comment